So with Kate Middleton is pregnant again, maternity wear back up to the top of the fashion agenda. It is for me anyway with only two weeks to go! The selection of maternity clothes available is getting better, but there’s still a lack of shops selling a range that you can touch and feel before you buy – most are still only available online. To help narrow down the search, here are my top shops for pregnancy must-haves
- Mamas and Papas – a little pricey but they do great dresses which you will definitely get your wear out of, for both work and play. You might have to spend up to £50 but a (not so little) black dress from here will see you through breastfeeding days also. For a much cheaper option, check out the Huddersfield factory outlet for items under £10, bargain!
- ASOS – have a massive range of maternity wear online which was favoured by the lovely Yorkshire lass and Tour de France supporter, Kimberley Walsh. She’s had a little boy called Bobby – cute!
- H&M – have a nice little range of maternity wear although I could only find this at their Regent Street store. Great for leggings and check out their plus-size range for swimwear if you can’t find any maternity ones – I got a size 22 that has lasted me to full term!
- John Lewis – have a lovely Isabella Oliver range but unfortunately they don’t stock the range in their new York store, you need to order online. Great if you need some cute dresses for work.
- Primark – have the cheapest jeans and a nice range of maternity clothes in their Trinity store, Leeds. Perfect if you’re near the end of your pregnancy and want to spend only £15 on a nice dress for lunching with the girls once you’re on mat leave!
- New Look – always good for wide-fit shoes once your feet start swelling.
- M&S – great for nude maternity tights and big knickers. My favourite are the no-VPL range that have no waistband at all and are on offer at 3 for £6.
- Bravissimo – fab fitting service for nursing bras and lounge wear to keep you comfy and not looking too frumpy!